SoCalEcotecs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SoCalEcotecs

A group of car enthusiast that support the Ecotec motor and the Delta platform

Welcome to the SoCalEcotecs forum. When you first join the site be sure to go to the welcome center and create an Intro thread that includes your Name, what city you live in and what car you drive.

+2
MikethemodlistKoldus
mctony41
6 posters

mctony41
    mctony41

new member Empty new member

Post by mctony41 Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:05 am

sup everyone the name is Fabian but i go by Tony (due to my middle name being Anthony)
    anyways i ride a b-e-a-utiful 2006 cobalt ss red by the way. I love you hope'n to make her even more beautifuler with ur guys help..n

no* pics at moment due car being at my cuzns shop waitng on a clutch kit from thm that i ordered monday and havent received a tracking number yet..is friday by the way 4/20

so yea if anybody knoes of a spot or anywere i can get my hands on a clutch kit spec stage 2 or probably something else in that range(open to suggestions)please help scratch

Last edited by mctony41 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the n in no)
    MikethemodlistKoldus
    MikethemodlistKoldus

new member Empty Re: new member

Post by MikethemodlistKoldus Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:14 am

welcome got any pics of the car? and where u located
    mctony41
    mctony41

Post by mctony41 Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:28 am

located in maywood california..and well for pics soon!..hey was wondern how i get one of them so cal ecotecs stik for car?
    doughboy007
    doughboy007

Post by doughboy007 Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:12 pm

come to the bbq tomorrow and see mike ts in huntington beach
    MikethemodlistKoldus
    MikethemodlistKoldus

Post by MikethemodlistKoldus Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:46 pm

oh ok nice and yea i have stickers $5 black white silver red and yellow usually but im running low on them just ordered new ones this week
    THEJoey.
    THEJoey.

Post by THEJoey. Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:04 pm

welcome Tony

i heard good things about the gmpp clutch upgrade, its a better price for how good it holds compared to those other ones out there

when im in need of one ill be going with it. my stock clutch works fine still, i have 06 as well

Mofofernando
    Mofofernando
    Admin

Post by Mofofernando Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:35 pm

Welcome. And I've only heard bad things about the spec lsj clutches I would go with the gmpp unless you have high power goals.
    mctony41
    mctony41

Post by mctony41 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:13 am

doughboy007 wrote:come to the bbq tomorrow and see mike ts in huntington beach

i would love to show up man but my car is actually ughh not working at moment tongue

lol
    mctony41
    mctony41

Post by mctony41 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:15 am

THEJoey. wrote:welcome Tony

i heard good things about the gmpp clutch upgrade, its a better price for how good it holds compared to those other ones out there

when im in need of one ill be going with it. my stock clutch works fine still, i have 06 as well

wow thanks man u saved me a bunch hopefully crate engine depot have these in stock still just googled it bounce and they showed up!..f**** great price 2 cheers
    mctony41
    mctony41

Post by mctony41 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:18 am

Mofofernando wrote:Welcome. And I've only heard bad things about the spec lsj clutches I would go with the gmpp unless you have high power goals.

thx on the heds up about spec i had read a couple things too but i was hopin it wasnt that bad..i guess im cancelling order with thm!..
    mctony41
    mctony41

Post by mctony41 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:40 am

[b][center]ANOTHER QUESTION (SORRY)

UGH IM BOUT TO PROBABLY MAKE A LIL EXTRA CASH MODAY( Very Happy )

AND WELL DUNNO WUT TO GO FOR EITHER:

1. ZZP STAGE 3 KIT <-----------I KIND OF WANT THIS ONE (AND WILL IT HOLD WITH GMPP CLUTCH UPGRADE

OR

2.CATBACK EXHAUST {OPEN TO RECOMENDATIONS (LOOKIN FOR SUMTHING WITH A NICE DEEP SOUND LIKE A WRX rabbit )}
    THEJoey.
    THEJoey.

Post by THEJoey. Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:29 am

if your stock clutch was still good you would be fine on the stage 3 kit, im on a similar pieced together kit but my tune is conservative, i had some slippage at 1st but i took it easily and the clutch holds the power fine

u dont need the oversized tensioner pulley, just get the stg 2 belt(shorter belt) and i say go with 60s and 2.9-2.7 whatever u plan to do power wise

if u have someone custom tuning you thats good as well, most of the time when you add the 2nd heat exchanger the water pump goes out, so add a new water pump to your list(about $100)

just some information
    Stacy_Dammit!
    Stacy_Dammit!

Post by Stacy_Dammit! Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:42 am

Welcome! We've probably seen each other. I live near Lynwood of the 105.
    mctony41
    mctony41

Post by mctony41 Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:28 pm

MikethemodlistKoldus wrote:oh ok nice and yea i have stickers $5 black white silver red and yellow usually but im running low on them just ordered new ones this week

so how would i purchase these?..and wut color would u recommend for my red balt
    mctony41
    mctony41

Post by mctony41 Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:37 pm

THEJoey. wrote:if your stock clutch was still good you would be fine on the stage 3 kit, im on a similar pieced together kit but my tune is conservative, i had some slippage at 1st but i took it easily and the clutch holds the power fine

u dont need the oversized tensioner pulley, just get the stg 2 belt(shorter belt) and i say go with 60s and 2.9-2.7 whatever u plan to do power wise

if u have someone custom tuning you thats good as well, most of the time when you add the 2nd heat exchanger the water pump goes out, so add a new water pump to your list(about $100)

just some information

the info sound good only thing that suks i aint no tech confused ..

.and well it asks me bout sending in pcm core?..or purchasing a new one!..i take it if i were to send it(if i even think the part im thinking it is next to fuse box) teyll like tune it their selfs?..

.and then this endplate a crap?
    mctony41
    mctony41

Post by mctony41 Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Stacy_Dammit! wrote:Welcome! We've probably seen each other. I live near Lynwood of the 105.

the only time im towards ur area is on a saturday mornin in Hollywood Sports or picking up parts in Klarks Discount store but i think thats in the opposite direction Smile so i doubt i seen ur ride!..i hardly see ann SS just LS ive seen a yellow SS once luked like it was fixed up had a lot of stickers on passenger door lol

mctony41
    mctony41

Post by mctony41 Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:11 pm

ohh and thx for the friendly welcome everybody and the help..shoot(lol) i wished i had got introduced to this forum a while back. Razz
    THEJoey.
    THEJoey.

Post by THEJoey. Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:29 pm

mctony41 wrote:

.and well it asks me bout sending in pcm core?..or purchasing a new one!..i take it if i were to send it(if i even think the part im thinking it is next to fuse box) teyll like tune it their selfs?..

yea its by the fuse box, right in front. yes they will load a canned tune on to your pcm or they will load a tune on a new one and you send yours back to them. this is where a custom tune with some hands on datalogging would be better for you.

u could maybe get ahold of Steve Flint he is a tuner and data logs on a dyno instead of in the streets.

the endplate is apart of the dual pass i believe, helps to lower your iat2s faster after u do a pull, so it doesnt heat soak. keeping the supercharger cool means more power
    mctony41
    mctony41

Post by mctony41 Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:36 pm

THEJoey. wrote:
    mctony41 wrote:

yea its by the fuse box, right in front. yes they will load a canned tune on to your pcm or they will load a tune on a new one and you send yours back to them. this is where a custom tune with some hands on datalogging would be better for you.

u could maybe get ahold of Steve Flint he is a tuner and data logs on a dyno instead of in the streets.

the endplate is apart of the dual pass i believe, helps to lower your iat2s faster after u do a pull, so it doesnt heat soak. keeping the supercharger cool means more power

iat2s <---is that a real word?..lol..

ok thx u made it much clearer alien
    THEJoey.
    THEJoey.

Post by THEJoey. Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:01 am

intake air temps, there is 1 & 2, 1= pre intake and 2 = post intake

iat2s are important to monitor as they let you know how hot your running or how cold. has nothing to do with engine temp or coolant temp

say u are cruising at 80degrees iat2s and do WOT from a 40mph roll and let off at say top of 3rd your temps will jump to 120-140 tops and once you get back to cruising the temps will be 80 again.

depending on mods will net you those results. like opt b and dual pass and 2nd heat exchanger, outside temperatures will affect IAT2s too

if its 67degrees the iat2s should be about 13-20degrees higher so say 80 degrees. cooler air better temps, more powerrAAAA hahaha
    Stacy_Dammit!
    Stacy_Dammit!

Post by Stacy_Dammit! Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:02 am

Im out in HP, South Gate, Downey sometimes.
    mctony41
    mctony41

Post by mctony41 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:39 pm

THEJoey. wrote:intake air temps, there is 1 & 2, 1= pre intake and 2 = post intake

iat2s are important to monitor as they let you know how hot your running or how cold. has nothing to do with engine temp or coolant temp

say u are cruising at 80degrees iat2s and do WOT from a 40mph roll and let off at say top of 3rd your temps will jump to 120-140 tops and once you get back to cruising the temps will be 80 again.

depending on mods will net you those results. like opt b and dual pass and 2nd heat exchanger, outside temperatures will affect IAT2s too

if its 67degrees the iat2s should be about 13-20degrees higher so say 80 degrees. cooler air better temps, more powerrAAAA hahaha

wow guy u know ur cars..only thing i knew was that last part bout cooler air Very Happy
    mctony41
    mctony41

Post by mctony41 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Stacy_Dammit! wrote:Im out in HP, South Gate, Downey sometimes.

i take it to party Question .. cheers

oh and i dont know if u knew but hp is actually beside my city
    Stacy_Dammit!
    Stacy_Dammit!

Post by Stacy_Dammit! Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Haha party animal in hybernation for now. I pop in threw the east side once in a while. I use to go to Sopp Chevy before they closed it fro oil change and such. That whereI fell in Love with my baby.

Do you have a Facebook?
    The anything goes page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/164535170252737/#!/groups/215069268533844/
    The "Fan" Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/164535170252737/#!/pages/SoCalEcotecs/182552405110621
    mctony41
    mctony41

Post by mctony41 Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Stacy_Dammit! wrote:Haha party animal in hybernation for now. I pop in threw the east side once in a while. I use to go to Sopp Chevy before they closed it fro oil change and such. That whereI fell in Love with my baby.

Do you have a Facebook?
    The anything goes page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/164535170252737/#!/groups/215069268533844/
    The "Fan" Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/164535170252737/#!/pages/SoCalEcotecs/182552405110621

ur baby?..car?.

.i do have a fb but dont really use it ill add the page though

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:44 am